Thursday, December 17, 2015

When the truth she knew was a lie


Excerpt

A Do Not Disturb sign hung from the door handle. Cute. I walked in to waste more time and see how they decorated this room. The walls covered with wallpaper were of different sports memorabilia. It seemed like a typical boy’s room with trophies, sports equipment, and toy model airplanes hanging from the ceiling.

Wait a minute. I looked back at the trophies, checking the nameplates; they didn’t have names on any of them.

I heard a scraping noise by the hallway, so I quickly turned around but, once again, saw nothing. Either I’m losing my mind or just paranoid. At least that’s what I thought until I noticed the Do Not Disturb sign swinging back and forth from the doorknob.

Someone is in this house with us, worse yet, in this room with me now. I heard nothing nor did I see anyone, but I sensed it, and it was not a welcoming feeling.

I had my hands up, braced for anything that came at me. I slowly eased my way back across the room, my back close to the wall, inching toward the door, breath on hold. As soon as both feet touched the hallway, the door slammed shut behind me, and all the lights in the house died.



Where Available



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Keepers (Connor Chronicles Book 1)  Buy Here After young Connor is gifted with superhuman abilities, her life changes. When she learns o...