Friday, August 7, 2015

“Revenge of the Wolf” by Skyler Patterson Book Tour


About the Book


Title: Revenge of the Wolf
Author: Skyler Patterson
Genre: Paranormal Romance / Horror

REVENGE OF THE WOLF is a story of paranormal romance/ action /horror. This story is set in the early settled New York. A wealthy shape-shifting young man named Justice Sorrowfell falls in love with a beautiful young woman named Angelica Innocenta. When the woman is murdered, Justice goes on a spree of vengeance against all outlaws, in the form of a wolf, and a werewolf. Justice is urged on to continue his revenge by his un-dead fiancé Angelica. This is the first book of a series. This is a tale that gives the message that death is not always the end. This tale shows that true love cannot ever die.—SKYLER PATTERSON

Author Bio
How did I become a writer? 
My story could be a book of itself. I will not lie. I am the “accidental writer”. I have been working in health care for many years. It was when I decided to read books on my way to work that I stumbled upon the possibility of writing. 
How did it happen? 
I take the train to get to my job in N.Y.. I had become bored with reading the daily newspapers It was then that I decided to read a book instead. Mind you, I had not read a book in years! I proceeded to read books by J.R. Tolkien, Anne Rice, Bram Stoker, and George M. Martin. I found those books sooo cool! I love fantasy fiction. It was when I became addicted to a certain series; that it happened. I read every book from that series and when I asked the book store clerk when there would  be more the man gave me terrible news. “Ha, that guy puts out a book every five years. “WHAT”? I could not believe that. It was then that I began to wonder what if I (yes me) could write a book myself. This was a joke to me until I came up in minutes with a plot for a fantasy fiction tale. 


How did I do that!? 
The plot was way TOO COOL to just do nothing with.  And I will not lie. I made every type of mistake one could make in learning how to write. I have had no formal training and I successfully dropped out of college, years ago! That first idea became THE BOOK OF SWORDS, a medieval styled swords and sorcery epic. That book gave me many headaches, before I learned how to write it!(great e book that it is) So I took a break and wrote: THE LAST KRAKEN, a tale of a giant, leviathan squid running amok, in the 1800’s. It was when I was writing that book that I began to realize that I had somehow in only  a little more than a year became an author. I finished that first book. I then proceeded to test a chapter of it on my school teacher sister. My sister invited me over to hear my tale. My sister gave me many words of encouragement: “Let’s all have a good laugh”! were her words! I read her a chapter. After I read that chapter my sister began to stutter and jaws were dropping everywhere! “HOW IN THE HELL”?! were her words! And then I began to write another book called REVENGE OF THE WOLF. One day I passed my laptop to a girl I was dating and asked her to read an emotional turning point of this romance/action/horror story. As she was reading it; I was in awe as the woman slowly began to cry! I then spent the rest of that year writing many books. And here I am! I am in this for the long haul. I am now an author /poet /songwriter. My journey just goes to show that one can never truly know what they are capable of; until they give it that one good try! I can truly say I LOVE WRITING.---SKYLER PATTERSON

Author Interview:
Tell us about yourself.
HI My name is Skyler Patterson. I am a very new author. I have only been writing since 2013. I love fantasy fiction. My journey to become an author is  probably the most impossible story you will ever hear! I was riding the train into New York to my health care job and I grew tired of reading newspapers, so I decided to try something new. I decided to read a book. I read books by J. R. Tolkien, and Bram Stoker and Anne Rice, and George R. Martin. When I went looking for more books from one author the store clerk stated: “be ready to wait for 5 to 6 years! I could not believe that! So I decided to write my own books. My first book was THE LAST KRAKEN. I then wrote THE BOOK OF SWORDS. I then wrote this paranormal romance REVENGE OF THE WOLF. I love reading stories about fantasy fiction and i love writing it.

Where and when do you like to write?
Okay, I like to write in the morning since I work in the evening. I love to write in coffee shops and parks. I find that the different types of people that I meet every-day, give me ideas for characters in my books. However I will write whenever a really cool idea presents itself.

What is your process for creating worlds.
Okay worlds. For my books I love placing my stories in different time periods. I love the idea of action, romance and horror against the backdrop of medieval and the early turn of the century. On my BOOK OF SWORDS EBOOK I needed an entire world. To do that I took a blank piece of paper and drew what the world would look like. I needed names for the places within it. Because the tale was filled with races of people descended from tigers, dragons, and snakes. I had to separate the climates and such. I also had to establish religions too. I had to establish the rules of sorcery. Also, I could not begin to write that story until I established all of those things. I used the paper as an outline. (I tried to begin without it and it would not work) After creating something on that epic scale; creating smaller environments like those in REVENGE OF THE WOLF and THE LAST KRAKEN are easy. The Kraken story which is about a giant octopus running amok in the 1800’s I needed to create the massive sea castle that the protagonist Captain Slaymore Seaborne lived in. Building a world for an ebook is about as close as you can get to playing god!

Of all of the characters in this book, who is your favorite and why?
Okay, this book like all of my ebooks have a large supporting cast of characters. I would have to say Justice Sorrowfell. Because he was just in love with a woman who was killed. He did not want to kill anyone. He was just filled with so much grief and he needed to have his revenge. He is feeling ashamed in a way about his actions until he finds out that his slain fiancé Angelica is un-dead, and is happy that he is avenging her. And also because he has to somehow decide who does he kill to feed and avoid killing innocent people.  Harletta and Angelica were fun characters as well.

Please tell us what other projects you have going on right now.
Right now I am very pleased with this new book. I have finished the 2nd  book in the ROTW trilogy. I am editing it right now and it will be released in the fall. The next book I will put out in a few weeks is “THE LAST KRAKEN UNLEASHED on Amazon and Barnes and Nobles ebooks. That is action and adventure on the high seas in the 1800’s.That book is my favorite book that I have ever written. I have many, many books coming out this fall. Most of them will be YA romance mixed with action and adventure. And all will be fantasy fiction. With some luck i may be able to make a career out of this writing thing. Yep. And also My new Revenge Of The Wolf Book is now also on Barnes and Nobles Nook. And I will be also putting it out on paperback soon. And for readers interested in contacting me; my email is skypatt40@Aol.com. Thank you so much.

Links

Book Excerpt
Ezekiel Underhand climbed up into his coach. The driver snapped his whip and The carriage leapt forward into the night. It was a warm evening the crickets creaked and the wind blew a gentle breeze through the air. The coach bounced across the cobblestone; until it left the town, and the road turned to dirt. The dwellings were now replaced with trees and a smothering darkness. Ezekiel peeked from his window out into the unknown blackness. Sitting next to him was one of his guards. Outside two guards followed upon horseback, bringing up the rear. He recalled the last words of Justice. “Beware of the grey wolf! What could that city man possibly mean by that? Ah tale you them city folk sho are craz---”! Suddenly Ezekiel heard it. “HOOOOWWLL”!! It was strong and feral! It rose into the night sky. It was a howling. It was the howling from a wolf! Ezekiel could not help but feel a sense of dreadful foreboding. This sent a chill up his spine. The cowboy then thought better of his fears and began to smile. The man stated one word: “Impossible”! The thought of a wolf attack and the effect of the Brandy he was drinking caused him to laugh more loudly. It was then that he saw it. Ezekiel gazed out of one side of his carriage and was in complete disbelief! The man began to rub his eyes , but it was still there. It was an oversized grey wolf and it was running beside the coach! The creature was growling and Ezekiel caught sight of his sharp white fangs! Then there was the sound of another growl coming from the other side of the coach. Ezekiel dove over the seat to a shocking sight. There was another wolf on the other side chasing the coach as well! Ezekiel yelled “What in western hell”!! The cowboy drew his flintlock pistol and banged it on the ceiling of the cart. The cowboy leaned outside of the window and yelled “HEYYYYY”!! “Faster don’t you see them animiles”!! Them are Wolves”!! he yelled. The driver gazed and was in complete shock! The driver reached for his shotgun and aimed a shot at one of the wolves. The shot missed. The horses were in a state of panic as they whinnied and gained more speed! The cowboy began to shoot at the wolf on his side of the coach. The cowboy missed. Suddenly could be heard a third wolf coming from the back of the coach! Suddenly could be heard a thud on the roof in the back of the speeding coach. The wolf had made an impossible jump onto the roof of the coach! The driver turned and fired off his second barrel and missed again! There would be no reloading as the wolf on the roof bounded and leapt straight for the driver’s throat! The oversized creature caught the driver and sailed with him off the side of the speeding vehicle! “NOOOO”!! He yelled! Ezekiel gazed back in horror as he saw the beast tearing the driver to pieces on the ground behind the coach! Now the coach was driverless Ezekiel could now see there were three creatures chasing him. The cowboy began to think again about the impossibility of what was occurring. Yet it was indeed occurring! The guard sitting next to him stood up near to the door.! The man began to fire at  the wolves running alongside the carriage! Upon a sudden a wolf came sailing from the opposite side! Right through the carriage door! The beast had hit the guard from behind! Both man and beast flew straight out the door on the other side of the vehicle! “AHHHHHIEEE”!! the doomed soul yelled! Both doors of the carriage went flying off! The man was being torn to pieces on the ground! One of the guards shot and killed one of my four legged brethren and he went down with a thud! I changed to  werewolf upon two legs!  I jumped  upon the back of the Man’s steed ! I swung at the man’s head and it flew off his shoulders! It landed within Ezekiel’s Carriage!  I jumped off of the steed and the headless man’s corpse was still riding the horse! What a sight! I could see Ezekiel staring at the headless horseman in a state of horror! Ezekiel shrieked when he gazed down at the head of his guard staring up at him upon the carriage floor! And then one of my four legged brethren, attacked the final guard from the rear! Down the steed fell! Man and steed were sliding in the dirt towards me! I was still a two legged wolf! I snatched the man from the dead steed and raised him from the ground with my claws round his neck! My eyes were a fiery gaze, and teeth baring gaping fangs of doom! I snapped the man’s neck  like a twig! One of my brethren wolves slowed his speed and allowed the coach to get in front of him. The beast then made an impossible leap onto the roof. The wolf then ran across the roof and leapt onto the horse leading the team pulling the coach! It was an impossible leap! Ezekiel fired his pistol at the carriage roof! Missed! The wolf caught the horse round the neck and drug it to the ground.! Then everything became surreal. The creature hit the ground sending up dust in the air like a dust ball! The coach tumbled over and crashed into the ground with a thud! The impact of the crash tossed out the cowboy varmint like he was being spat into hell! Ezekiel lost his gun in the crash and was trying to raise his injured body from the ground. Ezekiel looked at the horses who were being eaten by two of the wolves. One wolf was not partaking of the feast of injured horse. Me! I had shifted shape once more. I was now a four legged dealer of death! This four legged wolf stood still as death and stared dead on the cowboy! This creature crouched , and his jaws gaped. From the beasts mouth dripped slaver and his growling shook the cowboys soul! I gazed upon my prey, and stalked in slowly! The cowboy reached for his large knife. The man’s forehead was filled with blood and it spilled into his eyes distorting his view. The cowboy shrieked and his scream sliced through the night like a sharp dagger. “NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Suddenly the wolf ran in full speed towards the varmint cowboy. The man tried to crawl away but was too late. This wolf grabbed his legs and dragged him back! The cowboy turned over in time to see the other two wolves leave the two dead horses they were feasting on and bound in his direction. This Justice turned and gazed into the other beasts eyes and they seemed to sense my purpose! They quickly began to stalk in slowly. It was then that This one called Justice changed back to human form. The other wolves stopped briefly and gazed at me. They were awaiting my permission to begin their feast! This Justice walked towards the cowboy as he was about to be eaten alive. “YOUUU?! NOOOOO”! He yelled. “PLEASSE”! he begged! “OH, you would beg?! The cowboy who takes the lives of whores with extreme prejudice”! This Justice replied. “Her name was Harletta! She was a whore! But she was my companion! And you killed her”! Said I. I drew my dagger and walked closer. “HUH,IT IS YOU? (ARGHH) NOOOOOO”! yelled he! The other wolves backed slowly away. “I will be her Justice varmint”!! Said i. I nodded my head towards the furry wolves waiting near me! They snarled! Then they were tearing the cowboy’s legs and feet to pieces! “AIIIEE”! he shrieked in his pain! The one called Justice lifted the dying man‘s head and cut his throat. This Justice turned back into the the wolf. The other beasts sniffed me then returned to their feast. I began to sense that my power was stronger than i had thought. Other wolves took me for their own, even in human form. I could have others of my creed do my bidding! The one called Justice bounded back towards the city; whilst the moon was still high in the sky! Behind me I left a large puddle of red ..blood!—REVENGE OF THE WOLF/SKYLER PATTERSON

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Keepers (Connor Chronicles Book 1)  Buy Here After young Connor is gifted with superhuman abilities, her life changes. When she learns o...